Apply for a Grant
The Trust is expanding the way in which it helps young people and is calling for applications for grants. All grants will be focused on supporting the region’s youth.
The Trust is open to considering agencies and organisations to support, whether by way of sponsorship or in partnership with other parties. Its area of support covers the coastal Bay of Plenty stretching from Katikati down to Opotiki.
Across 2021 and 2022 support has been provided to ICONZ, the Graeme Dingle Foundation and the Youth Encounter program. In 2023 up to $30,000 may be available for distribution in total.
Criteria for funding:
- Initiatives must fall within the Charitable Object of the Trust
- Funds must be used within the Region covered by the Trust
- Initiatives must not be reliant upon ongoing funding from the Trust in future years
- Applicants must provide a budget which details how funds will be spent
- Within 12 months of receiving funding, applicants must provide a report to the Trust explaining how the funds were used to achieve the intended purpose
- The trustees intend to support a range of organisations and initiatives, and not give preference to or align with any one group or cause.
- In considering an application for a grant, the trustees may take into account whatever matters they consider relevant and no decision of the Trust shall be open to question or review by any person.
- These conditions may be amended from time to time as the Trustees see fit.
Applications can be submitted to the Trust between February 1 and March 31 by email – firstname.lastname@example.org